Buti pa sa visa to South Korea, hindi kami single.
South Korea is a dream destination for every Kdrama and Kpop lover but going there requires an approved visa for Philippine passport holders. Prior to applying, we have personally heard stories of application denial but our desire to go there was stronger than our fears. Lavern lang!
It is adviseable that you secure your visa first before booking a flight. Though in some cases, you just wanted to book that promo fare to South Korea, which I did on my first trip there. I took the risk kaya dasal dasal na lang talaga.
So here are the Tourist/Business Visa Requirements for Employees via Regular Route:
1. Application Form
2. 1 piece of passport size colored picture (Please attach on the application form)
3. Original Passport (should be valid for more than 6months)
4. Photocopy of Passport Bio-page (page 2)
5. Original photocopy of valid visa/s and arrival stamps to OECD member countries for the past 5 years (If applicable only)
6. Original Certificate of Employment (must include applicant’s position, date hired, compensation, office address, HR landline number(cell-phone number is not allowed), HR e-mail address)
7. Original Personal Bank Certificate (must include account type, current balance, account opening date, ADB)
8. Bank Statement (original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook for the last 3 months)
9. ITR (Income Tax Return) or Form 2316 Copy.
10. Copy of PRC Card or IBP Card (If applicable only)
- 3 working days (for those who have been to OECD member countries within 5 years as tourist)
- 5 working days (for those who have not been to OECD member countries within 5 years)
- 59 days (or less) stay in Korea — GRATIS
- 60 to 90 days stay in Korea — PHP1,800.00
Visit Korean Embassy website for the complete details:
Mga bes, madami kaya nakaka-shookt but BPI made the best happen for us!
We were given a 3-year multiple-entry visa. Pwede na magpabalik-balik. We didn’t even had to submit our ITR, bank statements and bank certificates. Mas nakaka-shookt!
So here’s how…
1. The promo is open to existing:
- BPI Express Credit Gold MasterCard
- BPI Express Credit SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard
- BPI Express Credit Amore Visa Platinum
- Gold BPI Express Teller Debit Card
- …in good credit standing.
2. Promo period is until December 31, 2019.
3. Cardholder should use any of their abovementioned cards to qualify for the promo.
4. BPI Cardholders must present the physical card and submit a photocopy (front side only) of any of their qualified cards.
In lieu of presenting financial documents (ITR, Bank Statement and Bank Certificate) required for a Korean Visa application, the following must also be submitted:
- BPI Credit Cardholders must submit the original and photocopy of the recent Statement of Account. If no paper SOA, download it from your BPI Express Online (EOL) Account.
- BPI Gold Debit Cardholders must submit a screenshot of the BPI EOL Account.
5. Submit the complete requirements at Window 3 of the Korean Embassy. (Remember this mga bes!)
6. Cardholders will be provided with multiple VISA with respective validity:
- BPI Gold MasterCard : 3 Years
- BPI Platinum* Credit Card : 3-5 years
- Gold BPI Debit Card : 3.5 years
*BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard or BPI Amore Visa Platinum
Note: Issuance of any VISA shall be at the sole discretion of Korean Embassy. Korea Embassy and Korea Tourism Organization represent and warrant to BPI Cards that all necessary approval, consent, waiver relating to the personal information of the availing BPI Cardholder to be disclosed to BPI Cards for the issuance of any VISA have been validly and legally obtained.
For the full promo mechanics, visit:
1. Primary carholder lang ba ang qualified?
- Promo extends to your supplementary or extension. Just provide a copy of SOA to your supple/extension.
2. BPI credit card lang ang meron ako, do I have to open a savings account?
- If your credit card is included on the list, you are not required to open a savings account.
3. Did you purchase using the card before going to the embassy?
- Yes we did. We actually waited for our transactions to appear in our Statement of Account (SOA) before printing it. Para sigurado na. But in the event na hindi nasama sa cut-off ng statement mo yung transactions, you can just print the screenshot of your online account showing the transactions posted after cut-off.
4. Nagsubmit pa ba kayo ng other requirements?
- Yes, we still submitted all other requirements except ITR, bank cert nd bank statements.
5. Pano mag-apply ng card sa BPI?
- For more info, you may visit http://www.bpicards.com/ApplyNow
6. May promo din si BDO, same lang ba yun?
- Yes, they also have a promo. You can visit their website for more info
7. May show money po ba?
- In our case, we didn’t have to show our bank documents so wala kaming “show money”.
- May portion sa visa application form that you have to indicate how much is your travel funds. So nag-estimate na lang kami ng $100 per day.
8. Saan ba location ng Korean Embassy?
- Address: 122 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Town Center, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig
- Tel : (63-2) 856-9210 local no. 270, 500
- FAX : (63-2) 856-9008, 9019, 9024
- E-Mail : email@example.com
- Office Hours: Mon to Fri, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Filing: Mon to Fri, 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Releasing: Mon to Fri, 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
9. Dapat ba completely filled out yung visa application form?
- Yes! If not applicable, put NA
- Make sure that you have the address and contact numbet of the place that you’re going to stay there. You can temporarily book a place or look for a place there na may address and contact number
- You also have to indicate your travel period pero plane ticket is not a requirement naman.
10. Do I have to show my plane ticket?
- Not necessarily.
Starting July 1, 2018, visa application will be processed through designated travel agencies — Korean Embassy
See list of designated travel agencies here: http://bit.ly/2kzVkSj
※ Designated travel agencies for the processing of Group Visa and E-Group Visa which were selected last year are automatically included as designated travel agencies for the processing of temporary visitor’s visa
※ Details will be notified individually to the agencies soon
- This is not a sponsored/paid advertisement. We just wanted to share our own experience and our thankfulness to BPI for making our Seoul Searching and future South Korean trips possible.
- We are not in any way related to or working at Korean Embassy thus, we might not be able to answer all your questions about their visa application process. We suggest that you give them a call or email them on their contact details provided.
And of course, dahil ingat na ingat kami sa passport namin na may visa na, we protected it with customized passport covers from Customazing Shop.
- Next Steps After Getting Your Visa to South Korea
- 10 Must-Bring Things in South Korea
- Sample 5 Days 4 Nights Itinerary to South Korea
- Sample 8 Days 7 Nights Itinerary to South Korea
Originally posted by: BFFE Goals
Written by: Annyeong Oppa (Joey)