If you want to discover fun and entertaining activities in South Korea but you don’t want to go outside Seoul, here are some places you can visit that are just a few subways away.
1. Lotte World Adventure
If you want to visit Everland but it’s too far Seoul, don’t worry you can visit Lotte World Adventure. It is located an half a hour away from Myeongdong.
It has an indoor and outdoor parks that you can enjoy. This is like the Disneyland of Korea. Of course, there are korean dramas filmed here. Some of them are Stairway To Heaven and Black.
— Annyeong Oppa (@TheAnnyeongOppa) February 10, 2018
- Tip: Skip the hassle of lining up to buy tickets and avail discounts via Klook. Book a ticket here.
- Daily Passport Ticket (Full day)
- – Adult 52,000KRW / Youth 45,000KRW / Child 41,000KRW
- Admission Only Ticket (Full day)
- – Adult 36,000KRW / Youth 32,000KRW / Child 29,000KRW
- * Daily passport ticket includes an admission fee.
- Address: 138-220 240, Olympic-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul
- Subway: Jamsil Station, Exit 4
2. Running Man Thematic Experience
If you are a fan of Runningman then you definitely want to go and do this fun activity. It is a thematic experience wherein you will need to survive different areas of challenges in 1 hour.
It will tire you out, believe me. So make sure you are wearing the right attire. At the end, they will give you a souvenir depending on the score you got. I got a badge pin yey! Syempre hindi ko natapos hahahaha, kapos hininga bes!
Tip: Make sure to have coins because you need to deposit your things on a korean type locker.
Here is a vlog of my Runningman Thematic Experience 👉🏻
- You can book it on Klook for a discounted price. Just show the voucher and you’re good to go. BOOK IT HERE.
- Address: South Korea, Seoul, Jongno-gu, Insadong 5-gil, 종로 18.104.22.168 가동
- Subway: Jonggak Station (Line 1), Exit 3
3. Grevin Living Waxwork Museum
If you want to have a selfie with your favorite international artists (wax figure nga lang hehe) then you can visit this wax museum.
From President Trump, Queen Elizabeth, Gandhi to our favorite Hallyu stars like G-dragon, Lee Min Ho, Kim Soo Hyun and Jang Geun Suk!
- You can book in advance via Klook for only Php650+. Click this to book a ticket.
- Address: 23, Eulji-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul 서울특별시 중구 을지로 23 (을지로1가)
- Subway: Euljiro-1-ga Station, Exit 1
4. MBC World
This place is a must go when you a korean fanatic. All the feels bes! You need to be there on or before 4pm lang bes so you can maximize your stay. They offer lots of activities so you can really feel the Hallyu wave. Also if you are a big fan of Big Bang then I assure you that you will enjoy this place.
- You can book in advance via Klook bes for only Php770+. Click here to book a ticket.
- Address: 267, Seongam-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul, 서울특별시 마포구 성암로 267 (상암동)
- Subway: Digital Media City Station, Exit 9
5. SBS The Show
If you want to experience a kpop concert in Seoul, you can try SBS The Show. Unlike, other music shows where they use lottery to get in, you can easily book a ticket here for a sure seat. They only operate every Tuesdays so make sure to arrange your schedules when you are planning to visit here.
- We booked in advance via Klook. You can book your ticket here.
- Address: 82, Sangamsan-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea
- Subway: Digital Media City Station, Exit 9
6. KBS On
If you are a fan of Descendants of the Sun, Fight For My Way, 2 Days 1 Night, and Music Bank then you can visit this place. It’s free entrance.
KBS is a major broadcasting station in Korea. There is a high possibility that you will see your favorite artist here. Like me, I saw GOT7’s Jackson (hihihi kilig, ang pogi bes!).
This is how the tour goes: Radio Open Studio (If you are lucky, you can see your fave artist here) → Mini Museum → Radio Studio → Announcer Corner → news Experience Corner → Sports Corner → 3D TV Corner → TV Studio → Hologram Corner → 3D Video Experience Hall → Chroma Key Corner → Character Corner.
- Free. YAY!!!!
- Address: 13, Yeouigongwon-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, 서울특별시 영등포구 여의공원로 13 (여의도동)
- Subway: Yeuido Station, Exit 3
7. Trick Eye Museum
The Trickeye Museum is “one of a kind” painting gallery which combines art with high-end technology featuring AR (Augmented Reality) effect and 2D/3D illusions.
- Address:20, Hongik-ro 3-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul, 서울특별시 마포구 홍익로3길 20 (서교동)
- Subway: Hongik University Station, Exit 9.
8. N Seoul Tower
When you are a kdrama fan, you will surely recognize the N Seoul Tower. There are lots of kdramas that features this place. You can go here by foot or via cable car.
I always prefer the cable car whenever I visit (sorry na hingalin eh hahahaha). It’s almost Php750 for the cable car roundtrip ticket. Cable car hours is from 10am-11pm. Some people prefer hiking especially in the morning.
It’s a nice experience to go in N-Seoul’s Tower too. They have a lot of activities and restaurants that you can try like Hello Kitty Island Seoul, SSentoy Museum, N Burger Restaurant, and they also offer Hanbok Rental there.
Tip: You can buy your padlocks in advance so you can lock them there. Mahal kasi kapag sa N Seoul Tower ka nag purchase eh. Hahaha. #TipidTips
- Subway: Myeongdong Station, Exit 3
9. Dragon Hill Spa (Jjimjilbang Experience)
After your tiring day, you can try check in at Dragon Hill Spa. It’s a famous sauna in Korea. In the front desk you will see a lot of photos of famous artists who went there.
There are also lots of amusement amenities and snack bars inside. There are baths, different rooms with increasing temperature, cool room, salt room and many more.
I’ve been wanting to try this experience because I see this setting on lot of kdramas. I actually researched how to do the towel in the head. The place is so cozy and relaxing that I slept 80% of my stay hahahaha.
- Subway: Yongsan Station, Exit 1
There it is! There are lots of things to do in Seoul, these are just the famous ones! Obviously, you cannot do all these in a single day. But you can surely pick a few places you can visit within a day. Enjoy!