Finally you are in South Korea, but aside from your feels, here are some of the things you may consider bringing that we found useful in our recent trip. Make sure to tick off all these on your “To-Bring List”.
1. Passport holder.
Make sure that your passports are safe. Always bring it with you or keep it in a safe place. We nearly messed up our passports buti nalang may covering. You can get your passport covers anywhere pero we got ours here. How we got our VISA? Read this.
2. Appropriate Clothing.
And when I say appropriate, make sure you have enough covering to protect you from the cold weather especially kung hindi ka naman summer season pupunta. Pero kung kayang ilaban ang OOTD bes, push mo yan para sa #FeedGoals. Hahahaha. Kapag Summer, Spring, Autumn medyo bearable pa yung weather pero kapag Fall to Winter, ay bes make sure you have enough covering. You can always buy there naman if kulang yung dala nyo. South Korea is a big shopping center. Hahahahaha. At syempre don’t forget the bangs. Of course #BangsYourWayToOppa!
3. Comfortable Shoes.
Whether you will wear boots, sandals or rubber shoes, make sure it is made for walking and you will be comfortable with it because believe me bes, #ItsMoreWalkingInSouthKorea. Hahaha.
4. Socket Plug Adapter.
Unlike in the Philippines, sockets are different in South Korea, hindi sya flat, round yung pinaka socket nya. Type C and F sya. Kaya para sure na makakapag charge kayo ng devices nyo, magdala kayo ng adapter. You can buy here.
IT IS A MUST! It will be your savior when you’re out of battery. Trust me, make sure your powerbanks are reliable at hindi mabilis ma-lowbat kasi gagamitin nyo sya nang gagamitin especially when you take photos a lot. And also, your data or wifi will always be on so mas malakas maka drain ng battery. We bought ours sa Kimstore, and it surely did the job!
6. T-Money (Transport Money Card)
It can be used on public buses and subways in several different metropolitan cities and locations throughout the nation. With this transportation card, travelers can save the hassle of purchasing single journey subway tickets for every ride and enjoy discounts on rides during transfers from one bus to another, one subway line to another, or from bus to subway or vice versa (within a transfer time limit).
You can always buy T-money on almost all convenience stores sa Korea (GS25, CU, 7-Eleven, Ministop, With Me, Buy The Way, Story Way, etc.). Super convenient nya and most of your transport fees are going to be discounted. You can also reload you cards sa subway, super madali lang.
If bibili kayo ng Discover Seoul Pass via Klook pwede nyo na gamiting T-Money yun. Initially nagload kami ng 25,000 korean won (umabot naman sya ng 2 days). Get Discover Seoul Pass here.
7. Must have Apps.
These apps are your savior whenever you’re out of the country. Just make sure you have an internet connection so you can use it well.
- Kakao Metro – it will be a very useful guide when you are traveling via Subway. Super convenient ng app at may fare na rin syang kasama so you can keep track sa transport expenses mo. Since nangangain talaga ng budget yung pamasahe. Hahaha. Ang efficient ng subway nila. SOBRA! Kaya lang ang lakas maka ligaw. Pero yun nga kapag nasanay ka na at napag aralan mo na sya, madali na lang. Naka english din naman yung mga directions kaya hindi ka rin mahihirapan na sundan yung map hahaha. Accessible din yung map all around the subway if ever mawalan ka ng internet.
- Super laking tulong ng Klook app sa byahe na ‘to bes. Almost lahat ng pinuntahan namin sa Klook kami nag pa book. Super advisable din na gamitin nyo sya kasi ang laki ng matitipid nyo, lahat kasi discounted. Sign up here.
- Nakatulong din samin ng bongga yung Google Maps. As in bes! #GoogleIsYourBes.
- Nag avail din kami ng Discover Seoul Pass. It’s a must try for first time Seoul travelers. You can access 21 tourist spots (for free) for 48 hours. Mas makakatipid ka din. You can also use this as T-Money. Get Discover Seoul Pass here.
- Calculator to keep track of your expenses in peso. How to convert? (Amount in Korean Won x 0.048 = PHP equivalent)
- Weather App is a must din so you know how cold it is outside.
- Google Translate is also helpful bes, believe me!
8. Pocket Wifi / 4G Sim
Kapag first timer ka mag travel sa south korea or kahit saan, dapat may internet ka. There are lots of pocket wifi na pwede nyong rentahan. Pero nagrent kami via Klook! Get 4G Wifi Rental here.
Take note that if you’re going planning to avail a pocket wifiyou need to deposit 100,000krw (Php5,000) via card for assurance lang sa pocket wifi. Mababalik naman sa inyo yun unless hindi nyo ibalik yung pocket wifi or nasira or nawala. You can also avail 4G Sim so you won’t need to deposit.
Make sure you are prepared para in case na maabutan ka ng sakit sa ibang bansa, you have medicine with you. You can bring:
- Paracetamol/BioFlu for fever
- Pain reliever for pain
- Vitamins and
Para SEOULit na sulit ang bakasyon mo bes, try to at least make a list of all the places that you want to visit. To help you in doing yours, see our sample itineraries.
There are a lot more that you can bring pero do not forget your feels! Enjoy!