Ready your books and pens because the “I Decided to Live As Me” author is having her first book signing event in Manila!
The announcement was made by Apop, the publisher of the said self-help book, also known for translating South Korean books into English for the English-speaking market.
“I Decided to Live As Me” is APop’s first English-translated book that became popular in South Korea thanks to Jungkook of BTS recommending it in one of his livestream videos.
The original version of the book was published in 2016 in South Korea. The English version was published in the Philippines last 2020 but remains to be popular and an on-demand book.
Thanks to the book’s popularity, readers now have a chance to meet the author up close and get a chance to have their books signed!
Talk and Book Signing Event Schedule
Kim Soo Hyun will be having three book signing events in two days. These three events will be held in three different venues and officiated by three different literary publishers:
FULLY BOOKED- Book Signing and Q&A
September 15, 2023; 6 PM-8 PM
The Studio (3rd Floor), Fully Booked, BGC Taguig
September 16, 2023; 11 AM
Activity Area, Entertainment Mall, SM Mall of Asia (in front of Nike and Haidilao)
MANILA INTERNATIONAL BOOK FAIR
September 16, 2023; 5 PM
MIBF MAIN STAGE, SMX Convention Center
Attendees can choose their desired time and day when they want to see Kim Soo Hyun and have their books signed.
How to sign up and register for each book signing event
Want to meet Kim Soo Hyun at her book signing events?
Here are the mechanics and instructions for each book signing event:
- Arrive at the venue at least an hour before the event to secure a seat. Attendance will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The Studio is located on the 3rd Floor of Fully Booked, BGC Taguig.
- Only copies from Fully Booked are eligible for the book signing event. Copies of the author’s books can be purchased at the store itself.
- Present your proof of purchase at the registration area before the start of the book signing event.
- Customers can only have three of the author’s books signed (namely I Decided to Live As Me, Being Comfortable Without Effort, and I Decided to Live As Me Planner).
- There will be a photo taking segment, but selfies are prohibited. Staff from Fully Booked guide attendees on maintaining the queue of the book signing event.
- This event is FREE ADMISSION.
- Registration starts at 10:00 AM at the venue and attendance is on a first-come, first-served.
- Attendees can only allow their copy of I Decided to Live As Me to be signed if it is bought from National Bookstore before the event.
- Copy of the book must be presented upon registration and must have its official or price tag from NBS.
- NBS reserves the right to limit the number of copies each guest can have signed, and/or the number of guests that can have their books signed during the event.
MANILA INTERNATIONAL BOOK FAIR
- Attendees must secure a ticket for the MBIF through a QR code: http://apopbooks.co/ApopatMIBF.
- Print and bring your ticket.
- Those who registered and secured their tickets will be prioritized first.
- Each attendee can bring up to two copies per title (participant can bring 6 books, 2 copies of each book by the author).
- Lining up for the book signing is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The queue will begin at 4 PM and the line will close at 6 PM.
- Attendees can get their copy of Kim Soo Hyun’s books at the Apop booth
- Attendees will also have the chance to meet with the translators: Ms. Kyung Min Bae and Ma. Kristina Carla Ricci.
Guess what? Apop will be giving a 20% discount on ALL titles and a 30% discount on ALL bundles at the MBIF 2023 from September 14-17!
Don’t have the book yet? Purchase your copy on APop’s website and use the code ANNYEONGOPPA for a special discount!
Featured image courtesy of @apopbooks on Instagram