ARMYs! This is the moment we have all been waiting for! BTS V’s first solo album Layover has been released!
On September 9, V unveiled his album, Layover, along with the official music video of its focus track, Slow Dancing.
The said music video features a fantasy-like story set against the beautiful scenery of the emerald ocean in Majorca, Spain.
Layover suggests that one should take a break along the way, to reflect on oneself, and reevaluate goals towards the ultimate final destination.
About “Layover” Album
Layover is a pop R&B-based album fused with V’s uniqueness and sensibility. It was created through a fresh collaboration between V and ADOR’s president and executive producer Hee Jin Min.
The entire production process including music, choreography, design promotion, etc. was supervised by Min.
- Slow Dancing is a pop R&B song based on the 1970s romantic soul sound. It is imbued with a free-spirited and laid-back vibe.
- Rainy Days is an alternative pop R&B track. A perfect mix of vintage percussion and modern drum sounds gives off a unique vibe.
- Blue acclaims old-school R&B with a modern twist in sound. It employs deep bass and crispy drum sounds along with the repetitive hook that encapsulates V’s delicate sensibility.
- Love Me Again is a R&B track that is based on the 1970’s soul sound. The evident gospel and jazz elements make it warmer and richer to the ear.
- For Us is an alternative R&B that leaves a lasting impression with synth pad sounds, warm chorus vocals, and a vintage piano sound. It expresses the sadness of one barely being able to reach the other.
- Slow Dancing (Piano Version) is a piano arrangement of the focus track.
About Kim Taehyung
Kim Taehyung, best known as V for his stage name, is one of the charismatic and talented members of BTS who made a debut in 2013. He is remarkable for his distinct low-pitched voice and known for his solo great songs such as Stigma, Singularity, and Inner Child.
The songs, 4 O’CLOCK, Scenery, Winter Bear, Blue & Grey, and Snow Flower are the songs that prove his capability in writing a song.
He also participated in the original soundtracks for Korean TV series such as Even If I Die, It’s You (‘Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth’ OST), Sweet Night (‘Itaewon Class’ OST), and Christmas Tree (‘Our Beloved Summer’ OST).
V showed his wide spectrum of talents by debuting as an actor in the 2016 drama, Hwarang: The Poet of Youth and played the role of Han Sung. He is also a fashion icon who has a unique sense of fashion.
V is the last one who released a solo album among BTS members.
Congratulations V! We are so proud and happy for you!
Source: PR from UMG PH