“Hi this is Annyeong Oppa, a kdrama addict, and this is my story…. more specifically, why I ended up being a kdrama fan.”
I have been a kdrama fan for a long time now and it’s really fulfilling na these days, hindi na ako nag iisa. I created the Annyeong Oppa Facebook Page last year because I want to share my feels. Also I am hoping that I could reach out to fangirls/boys like me who wants to talk about kdramas but has no one to talk to. Fortunately, I did. And I am thankful.
Many people are asking why I love kdramas so much. Actually, there are so many reasons bes, but I tried my best to pick 13 reasons why I did.
1. Because kdramas gives me so much feels. Okay what is Feels? It is an intense gush of emotions. Yes, and kdramas gives me that. That’s the magic of korean dramas, it can bring out your emotions. Madadala ka talaga bes!
2. Because kdramas is 1 hour per episode, it feels like I am watching a movie. Korean dramas runs for 1 hour, then they air it for two consecutive days every week. Tuloy tuloy na feels bes.
3. Because kdramas can make me laugh and cry in an instant. Yes, it feels like riding a roller coaster. The build up of excitement is there. It can make you super happy now and super sad in just a second. Literal na nakakabaliw bes!
4. Because kdramas have interesting plots. Creative story lines, love story match ups, character stories ba ang hanap mo bes? Sagot na ng korean dramas yan. Lovestory of a Goblin and a Human? Mermaid and a Conman? Ugly girl Pretty Boy? Name it. (Ay except pala si Jisoo, certified no lovelife for life talaga siya bes, jusko Jisoo we will wait for your shining moment, labyu Jisoo). Basta bes, korean dramas will make you watch for more. I assure you, you will feel the “bitin effect”. Jusko Lalo na sa ScarletHart. Hahahaha.
5. Because ABSolutely in kdramas there are lots of hot oppas. If you have the fangirl’s heart, you are seriously like a hawk when it comes to cute/hot/handsome guys in every scene of a kdrama. Jusko bes kahit nga kontrabida pa yan, basta cute Oppa na yan! Search agad sa social media, follow sa IG. Ayan tayo bes eh! Hahaha. Korean dramas can really satisfy your feels and hunger. Jusko KANIN!
6. Because kdramas make me believe that a poor, ugly girl like me can find a rich, handsome oppa someday. This is one of the major reason why people love korean dramas. It gives us hope. Hahaha. We are hoping that we can be like Kim Bok Joo or Do Bong Soon who found their Joonhyung and Minmin. Oppa, I exist, notice me po!
7. Because kdramas have super good soundtracks that can make you sentimental and happy at the same time. My phone is full of songs, korean songs to be honest. Korean dramas invests in OSTs. One of the reason why it’s hard to move on from a certain kdrama is because once you listen to it, it brings back all the feels. My favorite is Gummy, who is yours?
8. Because when one kdrama ended, a new kdrama will help you move on. This is why I love korean dramas, it is a continuous pit of feels. Walang ending ang feels, nag re-renew lang talaga siya every 3 months. Mahirap mag move on sa kdrama but thankfully another kdrama will save you from sadness. Kdrama fans are expert at moving on kaya!
9. Because kdramas taught me how to read english fast. This is one of the perks of being in love with korean dramas. It will unconsciously teach you how to read english fast. Partida bes, tinititigan mo pa yung mukha ni oppa while reading the subs.
10. Because you will meet a lot of people who will understand you.. without judging you. There is a bond between kdrama fans. You might be from a different country or you have different languages but once you meet a kdrama fan, expect an instant bestfriend. You will never have dull moments because every moment is full of feels. Minsan nga gusto ko ng makisali sa mga nag-uusap about kdrama sa fx, like hi fam?!
11. Because in kdramas there are lots of mouth watering foods. Ramen! Kimchi! Kimbap! Soju! Samgyeopsal! Everytime I watch korean dramas with food scenes, I crave for it. It’s kinda pricey here in the Philippines though. The way they eat is so mouth watering. Jusko bes! Kahit ang anghang anghang ng mga pagkain nila, okay lang, masarap parin!
12. Because kdramas are very accesible. Seriously bes, there are too many sites that are streaming korean dramas. BUT, most of them are illegal. If you’re going to ask me what I use in watching kdramas, I use the Viu App, it is a really good application to watch kdramas LEGALLY and FREE. I am promoting them because it is LEGAL, that means, you can consider yourself as someone contributing to the ratings. You are supporting the kdrama community and of course our oppas kahit na wala tayo sa south korea! And I think that is a good payback sa feels na binibigay nila satin. No, I am not paid to promote Viu, I just love it that’s why I am sharing it
13. And lastly of course because kdrama is happiness. We watch because we want to be entertained. We want to feel happy and kdramas can give you that happiness in an instant. You forgot your real life dramas for a moment. It’s a stress reliever.
THAT’S THE 13 REASONS WHY I LOVE KDRAMAS!
Written by: Annyeong Oppa (Anj)