Year of 2020 will soon bid its goodbye to us and 2021 is only less than two months away from greeting us a hello! Time passes by so fast, isn’t it?
What you should anticipate more are the surprises which Netflix has in-store for Korean drama and movie fans! Do you have a clue what are these things? A new set of series and films coming on your Netflix screens so soon!
Below are the provided photos and details by Netflix Philippines. Enjoy and make sure that you have your pen and notebook with you!
The Call (film)
- Premiering on November 27, 2020;
- Directed by Lee Chung Hyun;
- Starring Park Shin Hye and Jun Jong Seo;
- Mystery, thriller, crime; and
- It follows the story of a 28-year-old named Seo Yeon, who loses her cell phone on her way to visit her sick, estranged mother in a rural area. She digs up a decade-old cordless phone from the junk closet of her childhood home, she suddenly gets a call from a woman named Young Sook asking for her friend. Seo Yeon hangs up thinking the woman has the wrong number, but later learns that the call was coming from the same house 20 years ago.
The Uncanny Counter
- Premiering on November 28, 2020;
- Directed by You Sun Dong;
- Starring Jo Byeong Gyu, Yu Jun Sang, and Kim Se Jeong; and
- It tells the story of an uncanny So Mun, who is a hero-in-training, he mustered the courage to combat evil spirits after seeing a friend suffer injustice. The series, which is based in a webtoon of the same name, is a satisfying tale of superheroes who, when not hunting down obstinate evil spirits, toil in a noodle shop.
Lovestruck in the City
- Premiering this December 2020;
- Directed by Park Shin Woo;
- Starring Ji Chang Wook and Kim Ji Won; and
- It follows the story of young people who pursue romance and happiness while struggling to get by in a busy, competitive urban environment.
- Premiering on December 16, 2020;
- Directed by Lee Jae Hun;
- Starring Im Si Wan, Shin Sae Kyung, Choi Soo Young, and Kang Tae Oh; and
- A romantic drama about the intermingling of people who have trouble communicating, even while speaking in the same language. It features people from different backgrounds who nurture relationships using their own language.
- Premiering on December 18, 2020;
- Directed by Lee Eung Bok;
- Starring Song Kang, Lee Jin Wook, Lee Si Young, and Lee Do Hyun; and
- 10-episode VFX/SFX filled thriller based on the unique world in which people turn into monsters that reflect their internal desires. Cha Hyeon-su, a reclusive high school student who moves into a new apartment called Green Home after a personal tragedy, faces a series of life changing situations that brings him out to the world to save others.
What Happened to Mr. Cha? (film)
- Premiering on January 1, 2021;
- Directed by Kim Dong Kyu;
- Starring Cha In Pyo and Cho Dal Hwan;
- Comedy; and
- It tells the story of a gentle and perfect man Mr. CHA, who enjoyed immense popularity in the 90s but he is now someone who reminisces about his glory days and waits for someone to cast him again.
Space Sweepers (film)
- Premiering in the first quarter of 2021;
- Directed by Jo Sung Hee;
- Starring Song Joong Ki, Kim Tae Ri, Jin Sun Kyu, and Yoo Hai Jin;
- Science fiction, action, space blockbuster; and
- It is set in 2092, when Earth has become a bleak planet which will soon be uninhabitable. The privileged class now live as UTS citizens on pristine habitats built between Earth and the moon, while 95% of the human race, the non-citizens, struggle to survive on the ruined Earth.